Saturday, November 8, 2014

How Can I Love You?

A poem.
In address to all gays, lesbians, transgenders, bisexuals, and queer.


I see their faces.
They're laughing at me.
Victory! they cry.
Their "rights" they proclaim.
So they rub it in my face.
And they attack everything I hold dear.
They claim it in love and tolerance.
They dance and sing in the streets.
They flaunt their happiness and "freedom."
But their words beat at me.
Their actions taunt my lifestyle.
Their violence towards my way of living
Saddens me.
How should I be expected
To love them and be nice to them,
When they do not treat me the same.
They claim that I hate them,
Because I see their actions as wrong.
They accuse me.
I'm supposed to love all people,
But I don't love them?
So strange I have become to you.
What has come of your sight?
Oh you wandering souls,
You who have sent my people into the minority?
Don't you see?
Can't you see that I do love you,
Wish you well,
Help you where I can?
I do not hate you.
But I cannot live the way you live.
I do not hate you.
I fight for you.
Everyday.
Where you have given up,
Still the battle wages on.
The pain you inflict on me,
When you laugh at me,
And demand I tell you why I hate you,
Is enough to kill one.
But still I live.
Because I have another, greater strength.
Still I fight for you.
Because I am a warrior of Love.
Still I love you.
Because the love is greater than me so I overflow.
Still I pray for you.
Because no matter how hard I try,
I cannot save you alone.
Nothing of me can change you.
Only the love of God alone.
Believe me,
I wish I could hate you.
Because you have hurt me,
And fight against me
And my way of living.
How I wish I could hate you.
But I cannot.
I love you.
Because God loves you through me.
I cannot live the way you live,
Though you would like me to.
I cannot give up. I cannot give in.
Because THIS is who I am.
I am a vessel of Jesus.
It is HE who loves you.
Listen to Him.
He is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment